Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years of experience servicing AV electronics to component level, ISF and THX Cert.
13758627

How can I get my Samsung TV to work again Cable guy was here

Customer Question

How can I get my Samsung TV to work again? Cable guy was here today and says it was a switch box that he thought was bad. When I try to turn ir on, I can hear an electronic type sopund, then it dies. Have tried depressing the "source" botton the side. Nothing... Model Code #: HLR4667WX/XAA, VERSION #om02. pLEASE ADVISE. tHANKS, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: TV
Expert:  Chuck Williams replied 7 years ago.

Hi, Michael!

When you try to turn the set on and it shuts back off, do any of the front panel LED's flash?

Chuck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

okay! Thanks for quick reply. TV has only one circular light at the middle of the bottom of the screen. Some times blinks red, sometimes green... I've tried to reboot and fuss with the hand held remote and have had no success. In the past, this method always

worked. Cable guy (Arnold) says it has nothing to do with the incoming stuff. I am stymied...Michael

Isn't there a set of LED's that are labeled Lamp, Stand-by/Temp, and Timer on the front below the screen on the right side?

Chuck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Not to the right of screen. Directly in the middle, below the screen there is a circular LEDthat is labled lamp, Stand-by/Temp and Timer.

Ah, well that's it. Those are three separate lights. If you have your owners manual, it should describe these, but as I asked, when you now try to turn it on and the set shuts off, do one or more of these flash?

Chuck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OIC! Crazy, but I do have it going again. Re: owner's manual. I do Not have same. That's why I am having problems...The answer to your question: When TV is not working right, I will see the green light or the red light or both flashing. Thx again. I'm not going to sign off since you've been with me through this problem; maybe we can solve it once and for all!Cool

Sorry, I don't understand, you say the TV is now working??

And remember, there are 3 lights, and I will need to know which ones flash when the set turns off.

Chuck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That was unclear, sorrry TV is now working. Here's what I've noticed re: TV lights. When it won't turn on and I'm hearing that strange sound, the red lightt at the bottom will flash or the green light might flash. I'm going to switch it off now to confirm: green light can say either "Lamp" or "Time" and red light will flash and say "Stand By" or "Temp"

OK, let me know!

Chuck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Chuck, I lost you. What was your last request?

I need to know what the 3 LED's on the front do if the set shuts off when you try to turn it on.

Chuck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Chuck, What am I doing wrong here? I can't seem to open your last couple messages.

Michael

Sorry, Michael, I don't know, can't you just log onto the question and see my replies? If not, you probably can't read this.

Chuck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Now I see why you get 100% Positive Feedback. When I shut TV off, those lights die. Then, when I try to turn back on, the TV usually makes like a hissing sound then two or three little electronic like pings!

>>Then, when I try to turn back on, the TV usually makes like a hissing sound then two or three little electronic like pings!<<

...but then never comes on? No other front LED's flashing?

Chuck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this tv is so crazy...now working like new! re: your question about the LED's; no other LEDs flashing and sometimes does come back on and sometimes does not. michael

Well, OK, I'm not sure what to tell you.

But if the problem is that the picture sometimes goes off, then a few seconds to a minute later it comes back, and it repeats this cycle, the most likely cause is the lamp, which you can replace yourself.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Chuck

Is there anything else I can do for you?

If you found my advice helpful, would you mind clicking the Accept icon so that I may be paid for my time? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Chuck