TOM, Technician
Experience:  repair all makes of televisions and electronics

my toshiba tv model#52hm95 has a noise like a fan in the rear

my toshiba tv model#52hm95 has a noise like a fan in the rear .tv works perfectly except for the noise.
Hi and welcome to just answer.Is the sound like a squeal or whirring sound?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
whirrling sound almost like a fan, thanks
Ok you have fans and a color wheel in the set. I would tend to believe the color wheel is making the noise and needs to be changed.The set will work fine until the wheel fluctuates in speed and then tv will go black and white and shut off on you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how do i get the color wheel changed..and how much would it cost a new tv the way to go it seems a shame as the tv works great....again thanks h mcguire
I well tell you that Toshiba requires that the lite engine be replaced. The lite engine costs between 600.00- 1000.00. The color wheel is part of this system.I would use the set until it goes and then I would get it looked at and make the determination then.