Brad829, Technician
Experience:  Many years repairing TV's, radio's and hold a Extra class Ham radio License.

I am having trouble with the sound on my TruTech tv. Sometimes,

I am having trouble with the sound on my TruTech tv. Sometimes, you can hear it perfectly. Other times, there is no sound at all.    And also, as of this last time we hooked the cable up on it, it will only show Channel 3.
Category: TV
Expert:  Brad829 replied 7 years ago.
Hi jack, You tell me this is a Trutech TV which is a brand name of Target Stores, but you tell me nothing else about the set. I need a model number. Don't bother with serial number. Means nothing to me. I will tell you up front, I have seen problems with their sets when looking at a different device. Brad
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The Model # XXXXX XXXXX Today, there was an actual sound although it was not very loud although I had it turned up as high as it could go. The picture is great. Why it started not allowing me to change channels, I just don't know.

Expert:  Brad829 replied 7 years ago.
Hi jackie, It is a pleasure to help you here at JA. It is possible the voltage used for the sound may feed the channel changing circuitry/remote reciever in the set. My opinion is the set will be an easy fix. It sounds like it may be a bad solder joint or loose connection. Please take the set to a repair shop and have it looked at. I believe this is your best option. You can take it to a sears repair center. They have the expertice to fix it. Brad