Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.

spectroniq pltv-4250 what is the remote code to program my

Customer Question

spectroniq pltv-4250 what is the remote code to program my directv remote
Category: TV
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer welcome to Just Answer.

Do you have the remote code list?

If not, what is the direct TV remote model?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have a Protron digital corporation 42 in flat screen tv. On the tv it says Spectroniq, on the remote it says Protron. I need to program my Directv remote to control it.

I tried calling the co No. there was no answer. I tried their web site. no conection. I think their out of business. Can you come up with the remote code for me?

Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
Those code are different from remote model to remote model, that is why i would need your direct TV remote model number, so i can look for it's code (they made many model over the years).

As far as Protron name, it's the same as spectroniq, it's just branding, like Philips/magnavox LG/Zenith or Panasonic/Quasar is the same for exemple.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

On the top of the remote it says RC23. In the battery compartment it has two #'s

URC2082BG4-0 AND G062201. If this dosen't help I'll have to call directv.

Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
Here is what i get for the RC23:

There is no setup code indicated for your product.

You may still find a setup code that works for your device by stepping through the library codes in your remote. The following instructions will help you do this.

* Set the "Mode Switch" to the desired mode such as TV for a Television.
    * Press and hold the "Mute" button and the "Select" button until the visible LED blinks twice.
    * Enter the code "991" followed by the "device number"
        1. for Televisions
        2. for "AUX 1" devices - VCRs or DVDs
        3. for "AUX 2" devices - Audio
    * You can step through the setup codes for this mode by pressing the "Channel Up" key to go forward through the codes or pressing the "Channel Down" key to go back to the previous codes.
    * You can try out each code by pressing one or more function keys such as power, volume or digit keys.
    * When you've found the setup code that works for your device, press the "Select" key.

The Direct Tv remote RC64 have protron listed with code:
10178, 10003, 10031, 10052,
and also spectroniq 11498
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. The first number works for everything except turning it off. It must be something. This I can live with.