Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  B.Tech in Electronics and Telecommunication, trained in VLSI Engineering and Nanotechnology
12950047

my tv doesnt have a sound

Customer Question

my tv doesn't have a sound
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick replied 7 years ago.

Check the menu for audio and see if there is an option for audio on/off. If it is off, just turn it back to the on position.
Otherwise, if it is not an audio setting problem, check your cables to make sure that they are connected securely.
Check to make sure your cable's are connected in the back of your TV and cable box.
Also, try connecting an external input device such as a DVD player or a camcorder to the front input jacks, on the front face of the TV.
If you're getting audio then it's either the cables used or the back panel input jack.

If that still doesn't help, let me know.

Hope this solves your problem.
Regards
If you think my info has helped you out please do not forget to ACCEPT.
Positive feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i still can't hear it

Expert:  Rick replied 7 years ago.

If you are still not getting sound then there is either a problem with the sound detector or sound amplifier or the power supply unit which supplies internal power to the audio amplifier.

Debugging the above issues needs expert guidance and tools and should not be performed at home. It is never safe to try out thing with the power supply unit.

For your safety I would suggest you to take it to a service centre and get it checked. The cost would be a maximum of $200 depending upon your TV and which part needs replacement.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Regards