Flatpanel Guru
Flatpanel Guru, Lead Technician HD
Experience:  Factory Trained and Certified on PLASMA, HDTV, LCD, and Bose. Authorized Servicer, 15yrs Exp.

Where Can I Buy A Plasma Screen Replacement?

Customer Question

Where can I buy a plasma screen replacement?

Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV? The model number will be displayed on a tag on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

This is more of a general question. I'm a new tech who just ran unto a 50" and 46'' plasma and LCD TVs. The screens/displays are broken so I'm trying to find out a place where I can possibly buy them at a discount price (preferably).
Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Samsung LN46A530

Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.

The replacment screen for a plasma and a LCD TV will often cost more than the value of the TV. Most parts suppliers will be close in their cost.

Part NumberMD50H09A1J
Substitute Partn/a
Estimated Weight32352 Lbs. Oversized Item
(Freight charges may range from $45 - $150.)
Availability by Warehouse
Lawrenceville, GA1
Total Availability1
Estimated Ship Datein stock
Core Price200.00
Part Price1450.00
Total Price1650.00

If the display is damaged the core is no good and the core price will not be refunded.

None of my parts suppliers have the panel for the Samsung LN46A530 but I am sure if you can find the display it will cost more than the value of the TV.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sorry for not being clear. I was hoping you could help me find general Plasma and LCD suppliers. I only used these two as immediate examples of the screens I might need.

Thanks so much for your help

Expert:  Flatpanel Guru replied 7 years ago.

The problem with broken plasma and Lcd screen is that it is the most common failure of these new sets.

There are over 35 different panel models built every year by different LCD companies

and around 20+ different Plasma panels, so every year they could be different and different panels mean different models and boards.

I would say your best bet to get a replacement panel ( that works for sure ) is to find another set with the same model that has a different complaint on EBAY. It is getting more and more common everyday that i am seeing broken panels bought off ebay, there is no vendors listed through NESDA or ISCET the 2 largest organizers of part suppliers.

I did not find a source for the panels you listed but i did find a site that sold used panels.

I found this site but he has a lot of complaints list on his previous site. But this is the only site i have found that list these parts. check it here

Flatpanel Guru, Lead Technician HD
Experience: Factory Trained and Certified on PLASMA, HDTV, LCD, and Bose. Authorized Servicer, 15yrs Exp.