PramitP
PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

my olevia flat screen 42 lcd hdtv wont turn on.

Customer Question

my olevia flat screen 42"lcd hdtv won't turn on.
Category: TV
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.

Have you tried keeping the unit unplugged for sometime?

Have you tried a different input?

Have you tried a different power outlet?

What is the colour of the standby light after it turns on?

Could you please let me know what is the model no.?

Do you hear any cracking or popping sound?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
olevia540-b11. I have tried all that you have asked. There is no colour of the standby light. Nothing comes on at all. However, when i plug the tv cord into the wall outlet it sounds like it's going to come on but, nothing happens.
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.

From your description the problem seems to have occurred with the power supply. Most likely it seems that the power supply has failed. There might be a faulty capacitor or bad fuses resulting in burnt off resistors and transistors. There might be bad ICs and diodes. So the PSU also needs to be checked. I rather suspect bad ICs and Diodes in the PSU. But you will have to check for bad caps and other components too.
If you want to repair it yourself then you should be having proper knowledge about the internal circuitry of the TV.
You should also require a multimeter and soldering equipments and schematics.
If you wish to take it to a repair shop would you like to have an idea of the cost of repair?
If you have any other queries then I owuld be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there was a power outage in the area where i live in. all the electricity stopped working in the entire house. when the power was restored all electrical appliances were restored, except the olevia tv. the other tvs and cable box radios work fine, with no problems.
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.
It seems like the fuse must have blown out.
If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do i get to the fuse
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.
you will have to disassemble the chassis.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
chassis? should i take the back off the tv
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there a reset button somewhere on the inside of the tv?
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry to let you in this model there is no such button.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
one last question for you. where do i get a fuse from? i mean purchase?
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.

You can buy it from from any radioshack store or partstore.com

Regards.

PramitP, Technician
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for Accepting. Click here if you wish to leave a positive feedback.

Regards