Flatpanel Guru
Flatpanel Guru, Lead Technician HD
Experience:  Factory Trained and Certified on PLASMA, HDTV, LCD, and Bose. Authorized Servicer, 15yrs Exp.
15516191

My RCA HDTV is stuck on one channel. What can I do to fix

My RCA HDTV is stuck on one channel. What can I do to fix this problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Flatpanel Guru replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is john,

What channel is the set stuck on and if you change the channel does the tv blank out or just scroll through the numbers.

and if possible

What is the model number of this set.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi John, the model number is XXXXX also the serial # XXXXX XXXXX It's stuck on channel 3 and I'm unable to use the remote. Also, I'm able to scroll through the number manually. I have to turn the tv on and off manually.

Thanks for the reply,

Let me see if i understand this... the remote is inop, if you change the channel manually it will change but will not acctually change the channel.

It sound like you have a compound failure, 1 being either a failed remote or a failed remote sensor on the tv.

The other sound much easier the set defaults into cable box mode and locks out all channels but channel 3 go into the system menu and reset the set into factory presets this may resolve both issues if you accidently locked out the remote.

Let me know,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you, I have it now. I went into the factory and reset......your right; that was the problem. I locked the remote.

Thanks John,

No problem glad i could help.

If possible after you accept the answer can you leave positive feedback, if you were happy with the service provided, the site uses it as a ranking system of sorts. I will leave positive feedback for you either way.

Thanks,

Flatpanel Guru, Lead Technician HD
Experience: Factory Trained and Certified on PLASMA, HDTV, LCD, and Bose. Authorized Servicer, 15yrs Exp.