Greg M
Greg M, Technician
Experience:  3+ years repairing TVs; I see 20 or 30 TVs a week and have a pretty good clue.

Panasonic TH42Px75 Will not come on blinks 7 times. then blinks

Panasonic TH42Px75 Will not come on blinks 7 times. then blinks 7 times again and quits blinking thats the red led.
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Do you wish to repair this yourself or are you looking for an idea of what the cost to repair the TV will be?

If you wish to repair it yourself what type of electronic training do you have?

What type of TV test equipment do you own?

Do you own and know how to operate an oscilloscope?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The tv is 2 years old .The set was working good up til now . I have electronics training .

I do have a scope and variable A.c.Supply and fluke multimeter . I would like to repair this set myself. Just need to eliminate the panels that are ok and replace the faulty one.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I also have service manual for unit .
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.
I have opted out of this question since I have no information on this model in my database. By opting out this prompts other experts to reply if they have the answer for you. Hopefully another expert will respond soon.

Regards,

Edward
Expert:  Greg M replied 5 years ago.

The issue is either the SC board, one of the S buffer boards, or possibly the P, SS, or D board. Connectors P2, SC2, SC20, or D20 might be loose. Unplug the set. Check and reseat the connectors first. Replug and power... still blinking?

Unplug the set.
Disconnect the SC board (two connections, SC2 and SC20)
Plug the set in and try it.
- Does the set turn on and stay on (No blinks and of course no screen)? If so, reconnect the SC board and alternately try disconnecting the SU and SD boards. The board that makes the set blink is bad. If the set blinks with both the SU and SD disconnected, the SC board is bad. If the SC board replacement doesn't fix the issue the D board is bad. (Way to go with vague troubleshooting, Panasonic!)
- If the set still shuts down with a 7 blink error with the SC disconnected, attach a voltmeter to connector P25 pin 1. try turning the set on. Does 15VDC appear here, even if briefly? If not, the P board is bad. If so, test connector P2 pin 1 in the same way. If Vsus (about 180VDC on Panasonics) appears after turning the set on and before the set shuts down, the SS board is bad. If no Vsus, the P board is bad.

So says Panasonic.

If you don't measure any Vsus in the last step, you might want to disconnect the SS board to see if that changes your readings. Disconnecting power to the SS board may generate a fault by itself and shut the set down, I'm not sure - different models behave differently.
Greg M, Technician
Experience: 3+ years repairing TVs; I see 20 or 30 TVs a week and have a pretty good clue.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks Greg M