Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

i have a lg tv that wont turn on the indicator light is blinking

Customer Question

i have a lg tv that won't turn on the indicator light is blinking red and green as if it is confused. how can i fix this we left it unplugged all night but the same thing is happening today
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV? The model number will be displayed on a tag on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached.

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Do you wish to repair this yourself or are you looking for an idea of what the cost to repair the TV will be?

If you wish to repair it yourself what type of electronic training do you have?

What type of TV test equipment do you own?

Do you own and know how to operate an oscilloscope?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
MODEL # XXXXX 37LZ30 WE PURCHASED THE TV ON 2006 IT ISN'T IN WARRANTY ANY LONGER. THE TV WAS OFF WHEN I CAME HOME I TRIED TO TURN IT ON AND IT WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING THE INDICATOR LIGHT WHICH IS NORMALLY RED WHEN IT IS OFF WAS BLINKING RED AND GREEN. WE UNPLUGGED THE TV AND TRIED IT THE NEXT MORNING BUT IT STILL IS NOT WORKING. WE ARE TRYING TO FIX AS MUCH AS WE CAN WE HAVE A MULTI METER BUT WE HAVEN'T REMOVED THE BACK AS OF YET. WE ARE TRYING TO DECIDE OR FIND OUT IF THEIR IS A POSSIBILITY OF US FIXING IT OR NOT. WE DO HAVE A BACKGROUND IN ELECTRICAL BUT LIMITED ON ELECTRONICS.
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.
I have opted out of this question since I have no information on this model in my database. By opting out this prompts other experts to reply if they have the answer for you. Hopefully another expert will respond soon.

Regards,

Edward