Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.
3134513

sony kdf 46e2000 power light flashes red three times and will

Customer Question

sony kdf 46e2000 power light flashes red three times and will not turn on
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The blink codes are provided by the manifacture for the service technician as a starting point to start looking for problems. These codes indicate that the lamp door is not closed correctly or the lamp is installed correctly. This can also be caused by a bad lamp door switch.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How can I repair the bad lamp door switch. Also, before this happened, my tv was turning off and on randomly, then I replaced the lamp, then this happened
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.
Do you wish to repair this yourself or are you looking for an idea of what the cost to repair the TV will be?

If you wish to repair it yourself what type of electronic training do you have?

What type of TV test equipment do you own?

Do you own and know how to operate an oscilloscope?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I would like to repair it myself. I have no electronic training, but I am a chemical engineer by trade so have a basic understanding of such things. If it is as simle as replacing a board or a switch, I can do that with a manual. I do not know what an oscilliscope is, so no I do not have one. If one is required, then I cannot perform this repair. How much will it cost me, and, why does it go bad. Also can you tell me why my tv cut on and off before this happened?
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.
The manufacture recommends that there are no user serviceable parts inside. This is due to high voltage being present even with the TV unplugged. An oscilliscope will not likely be required for this repair but it is a good tool for diagnosing problems with a TV. The TV was cutting on and off when the safety circuitry in the TV detected a problem and was shutting it down. I expect this repair will be about $250 to $450, depending on how many parts are found to be out of factory specifications, if the problem is a bad circuit board, and if the board can be repaired or has to be replaced. A small TV repair shop will often charge less for the repair than a large electronics repair facility. If you decide this is something that you wish to repair yourself you can download the service manual for this TV by clicking here.

Regards,

Edward