Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

trying to repair Tatung 42 P42bsmt plasma, power board LJ44-00068A

Customer Question

trying to repair Tatung 42" P42bsmt plasma, power board LJ44-00068A the tv wasn't working warpped display I tweaked the adjustment screws had it working just a couple of pink dots not noticable tweaked one time to many blew everything out the relays were cattering only one green light replaced M0880 mosfet one relay and a couple of capacitors now three green lights then one goes out the red light comes on then another goes out you are left with one green and one red led the light on the front of tv is blue any thing else besides replacing the board can not locate the board for under 900au any suggestions would be great oh and the remote doesn't seem to register now at all thanks Robert
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Can you verify the model number of the TV?

What is your zip or postal code?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi the tv is a Tatung 42" model number P42BSMT ,3199 is my postcode, I purchased the tv with no sound and the picture was fuzzy and warped I turned the voltage screws on the boards and was able to get sound and good picture it still had only a few pink dots in the upper left hand corner and as I turned the screw labeled PFC the tv lost sound then picture and there was a popping noise which left me with nothing .I mesured the voltages (vcc, vset ect )on the power supply board model number LJ44-00068A and adjusted to suit the voltages on the board when I reconnected the board there was only one green led light on ,I replaced the 1m0880 power mosfet and one 5vdc relay along with a couple of capacitors that were getting suspect readings.After this I now get three green Led lights which means some power is working?,one goes off and then the red led light comes on and then another green led goes off you are left with one green led and one red led ,the on /off switch light on the front of tv is staying blue the remote control has no effect what so ever the tv does not switch on .hope this helps robert
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.
I have opted out of this question since I have no information on this model in my database. By opting out this prompts other experts to reply if they have the answer for you. Hopefully another expert will respond soon.