Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.

my pt-60lcx64 shows a flashing red light in standby mode. when

Customer Question

my pt-60lcx64 shows a flashing red light in standby mode. when turned on the light flashes green, about a minute later the indicater light under lamp flashes red. the sound nor picture ever shows up. what caused this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer welcome to Just Answer.

The flashing light red power light should only stay while the fan cool down for about 1 minute after a power off (remember to always wait before unplugging the TV so the lamp can cool down with the fan). Does that flashing start right away after plugging back the TV after an hour of letting it without AC power.

The red light should flash no longer than 10 sec. This prepare the light to be turned on. If all is OK the green should stay (no longer flashing) and the sound and picture come on.

As for the lamp flashing, i bet it's only 1 time each 5 sec? Or do it group many rapid flash each 5 sec?

Things that can be wrong:
-the fan lamp

-the lamp is not proprely inserted (wait an hour before manipulating it to be sure it cooled down, and use glove to not put body oil on it).

-Lamps is defective and is not operating properly so you can't get to the usual on screen message that recommend to change the lamp.