bobdtvman
bobdtvman, Technician
Experience:  19 Years Expierence as an TV/Appliance and Electronics technician
9810451

tv wont turn on red power light keeps blinking. whats wrong,

Customer Question

tv won't turn on red power light keeps blinking. what's wrong, can i fix it myself, where can i get the part?
Category: TV
Expert:  Conrad replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for trusting us with your problem. Could you provide a brand and model number of your TV? It will assist us in making a diagnosis.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Toshiba

model CE32E15

Expert:  Conrad replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately, I do not have any Toshiba information or experience, so I am going to opt out and contact some other experts. Hopefully, One of them will have the answer you seek.
Expert:  bobdtvman replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.There could be several things causing your problem.

you could have a short in the power supply of one of the deflection circuits.

do you hear anything when you try to turn the set on.? do you hear a relay click, or a squealing noise? Does the power light flash all of the time, Or does it only flash when you try to turn it on?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I do hear a click when i turn it on and it cuts off immedately. then the red light continously blinks. now the picture is growing bigger.

Expert:  bobdtvman replied 5 years ago.

From your description, I suspect you have a power supply problem. It sounds like set is turning off because the power supply is not regulating properly. I would suspect you have a few Capacitors in the regulator circuit failing.

If you were to take this set into a shop for repair, I would expect the cost to be around $150.00 to fix it.

If you are going to look at it yourself. I would look for bad caps in the regulator section

If you are going to work on this yourself, I would recommend finding someone with television repair experience and the proper test equipment to help you. Television picture tubes contain, High voltage. You can be shocked even it the set is unplugged If the tube is not properly discharged.

Thanks for using just answer. Please let me know If you need any more assistance with your question, Bob