Conrad
Conrad, Technician
Experience:  Training on many types of consumer electronics, training on Sony Samsung and JVC
13527695

my samsung dlp television makes a loud humming noise and shuts

my samsung dlp television makes a loud humming noise and shuts off periodically. do u know what would cause this?
Thanks for trusting us with your problem. Could you provide a model number of your TV? It will assist us in making a diagnosis.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
HL-R5067W
Thanks for the information. Is the noise more of a high pitched noise, or lower sounding? Do you have any picture distortion?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no picture distortion. i would discribe the humming as low pitched. when i turn it off the sound stops after about 5 seconds
Thanks for the information. I suspect you have a bad color wheel. Is this a repair you want to try yourself or are you looking for a price a technician would charge you for the repair?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i want to try it myself. do you happen to know if my model has a L3 chasis or an L6? if not do u know where i could find it on my tv?
It would depend on the set and the version number on the model sticker on the back of the set. Many times on the Samsungs, you have to look at the actual light engine to determine which chassis you have. There is an excellent article on do-it-yourself color wheel replacement available by clicking here
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
awesome!! thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck.
If you are satisfied with my answer, be sure to click on the green ACCEPT button. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask them. Thanks for using our service!