Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.
14666028

I have an older 32 inch sanyo TV how do I get the inputs to

Customer Question

I have an older 32 inch sanyo TV how do I get the inputs to work model 3258g There are no input bottons on the remote and none on the menu
Category: TV
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Try this -

On many older TVs you are able to access the inputs by using the "Channel Down" button and going below channel 2.

bernie

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
DOES NOT WORK I TRIED IT ALREADY

Hi Croontunere,

I'm sorry. I wasn't aware you had tried that already.

Do you have the owner's manual for this TV?

I can try to locate one if you do not have it. That should give exact information on how to change the inputs.

Also, is the model number (that you posted above) the exact model number that appears on the sticker on the back of the TV?

Thank you for your patience.

bernie

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
MODEL AVM 3258G

HiCustomer

I'm going to "opt out" of this question.

This will flag the question for other experts who may have the information that you need.

Please do not ask the question again.

If you do, you will need to repeat the work that we already done because it will not link to the above.

bernie.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
SEEMS TO BE NO ANSWER

We'll see if someone else has the answer. Maybe you're right. There is no answer.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
WE MIGHT AS WELL GIVE IT UP THANK YOU ANYWAY

HiCustomer

The question will remain open if you would like. Someone else who see this and knows the answer will answer in the next 24 hours or so.

It may be worth checking your email later or tommorow.

You are not charged anything until you decide that your question is answered and you click the accept button.

bernie

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

OK THANK YOU

Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer I was not able to locate the manual but i see a picture of the original remote of the TV.

It's an unusual layout. I see 3 button on the top row [VCR] [TV] [Cable].

Those might be a universal remote to control a VCR, the TV itself and a cable BOX. So pressing TV should select the function to apply to the TV until one of the other 2 button is pressed.

Under the [VCR] button i see a [VIDEO MODE] button. Pressing this might select between "main" (cable/antenna) and "auxiliary" (the RCA jacks at the back). If 2 set or more of auxiliary input exits, one might need to press many time to cycle to the right set of jack inputs.