James D
James D, Technician
Experience:  tv lcd plasma dlp ptv 30 yrs major brands auth
15393676

samsung hlt5075sx replace lamp and ballast. unit will not

samsung hlt5075sx replace lamp and ballast. unit will not turn on. powers up, all fans are working. unit cycles two times before stutting off completely. all 3 leds blinking about 3 times then turns off completely. i can see the color wheel tuning when powering up.
Category: TV
Expert:  eldon replied 5 years ago.
Customer/p>

Sorry about your TV. I would replace the color wheel. This is a common problem in samsung. I see that you say it is turning, but if it does't get to the speed it need to be. The TV will turn off. There is a sensor on the color wheel to make sure it speed is right.

I replace one to two and week that is either coming on and shutting down or not coming on at all.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
if i replace the color wheel will i need to do any adjustment of any kind?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
replace the color wheel unit will not turn on. the unit cycles three times before shutting down. all fans are working. once it shuts down the three front leds are blinking.
Expert:  James D replied 5 years ago.

Hello........I think you were on the right track with the lamp and the ballast........the colorwheel is not a big culprit on these newer models.......yes on the older ones.

First I want to besure you are using a genuine samsung lamp exact part number and the exact ballst new from the factory. If you have purchased the parts otherwise,you may have a part that was returned. Please recheck your steps and be sure all connections were made upon replace ment. On the ballast..........there is a small fine connector wich goes to the DMD (big silver module) be sure wires are connected on both ends and the cable is ok. The next suspect in my opinion if all this is ok would be the DMD board,but I have repaired every one so far with the exact lamp and ballast..........good luck..............Jim pls be sure the lamp door is closed and the internal switch is closed ........you may have to check or remount that black plastic besel

which came off for acessing the lamp

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the parts are samsung parts. the color wheel i remove from the tv would not spin freely. is the dmd board a direct swap.
Expert:  James D replied 5 years ago.
The color wheel should spin with just a little resistance and if it is the cause..........the lamp will try to light and shut down.......go ahead and replace if in doublt,but pls check the other things I mantioned too................Jim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i installed a new color wheel assy. unit still did not turn on. order a new dmd board
Expert:  James D replied 5 years ago.
Yes..................I agree and wish you luck,sir.................Jim
James D, Technician
Experience: tv lcd plasma dlp ptv 30 yrs major brands auth
Expert:  James D replied 5 years ago.
Thx for your accept and I hope you have the set running!!......Jim