Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.
3134513

I have a Hitachi Ultravision 50V715..the lamp and temp lights

I have a Hitachi Ultravision 50V715..the lamp and temp lights are blinking and the tv will not come on..any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The first thing I will reccomend is to check that the lamp door is shut. If this is not the problem please let me know and I will continue.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The screen is 55 inches and set up about 6 feet high (base) built in cabinet... I'm not sure where the lamp door is, or what the lamp door is, but no one could have opened it...where is it, what does it look like, and if it's closed, what other suggestions do you have?
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.
The owner's manual for this TV can be viewed, printed or downloaded by clicking here. This is a large file and may take a few minutes to download and be viewable. Information on replacing the lamp and the lamp dooe starts on page 69 of this manual. These doors can at times just come loose. Heat is the enemy of electronics, and the 50V715 operates hot. You might wish to unplug the TV for an hour or more. If this power reset does not allow the TV to turn on component failure is indicated. The 50V715 are assembled using the wave soldering process they are known for having cold solder connections. The safety circuitry shuts the TV set down when it detects a problem. This model of TV has over 3,000 parts which include millions of transistors inside the integrated circuits. The capacitors will change value, leak and become defective. Resistors will change value and burn. Integrated circuits and transistors can go bad. This can cause other components to become defective, which can have a domino effect and cause other parts to fail. Replacing one defective part may make the TV operate for a short time but the part will fail again since if the parts that caused the failure to begin with are not replaced. The only way to know for sure what is causing the problem, which parts that are no longer within factory specs and for proper repair all the electronics must be diagnosed by someone with the correct electronic test equipment and the skills to use the test equipment. I wish I could tell you there was a quick fix or button to push that would fix the TV but that is not the case or the solution needed to get the TV operating correctly.

If you wish to repair it yourself what type of electronic training do you have?

What type of TV test equipment do you own?

Do you own and know how to operate an oscilloscope?

If you decide this is not something that you can do would you like an idea of what the cost to repair the TV will be?

Regards,

Edward

Edward, Technician
Experience: 40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Very thorough answer and explanation..thank you...will use service again in future...
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the accept, bonus and the positive feedback. If you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them. I hope you will return to Just Answer again. Please tell your friends about Just Answer. In the future you can request me personally if you wish

There is no need to reply to this post unless you have additional questions. It will only generate a request for me to reply to your post.

Regards,

Edward