Conrad
Conrad, Technician
Experience:  Training on many types of consumer electronics, training on Sony Samsung and JVC

I have a Sony Bravia KDF 46E3000. The lamp keeps shutting off

I have a Sony Bravia KDF 46E3000. The lamp keeps shutting off and the red light on the front of the TV starts to blink. It is a steady blink. I have already replaced the bulb and housing.
Category: TV
Expert:  Conrad replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thanks for trusting us with your problem. How many times is the red light blinking? It should flasha certain number of times then pause and repeat the same number of flashes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
as I stated before it is a steady blinking. (It does not pause and repeat again)
Expert:  Conrad replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the information. There are actually 3 lights on the front of the set. Can you tell me what is written to the right of the light that is blinking?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Lamp
Expert:  Conrad replied 5 years ago.
I saw your previous question that you asked around Thanksgiving and a lamp replacement was recommended at that time. You were also told that the lamp "ballast" or lamp power supply might be bad and that it was located in the lamp housing. That was incorrect. The lamp power supply on your set is actually located on the side of the lamp chamber and that is what I suspect has failed. it would still be a good idea to remove the lamp and inspect it. If the lamp "capsule" is good (the glass tube that runs up the center of the reflector), then your lamp ballast is at fault. The lamp ballast part number isNNN-NN-NNNN you can purchase one by clicking here
The ballast is accessed by removing the lamp first. Then shine a flashlight into the lamp chamber and you will see a screw on the left side wall of the lamp chamber. Remove the screw then grab the side wall near where you removed the screw and the side will slide towards you and pull out. Do not use too much force and don't pull it too far as there are wires attached to the ballast which is mounted on the side wall plate. There are two connectors that must be unplugged and then one or two screws holding the circuit board, and I believe one more screw where the lamp socket mounts to the side wall of the lamp housing. It is pretty much plug and play, just use care unplugging the wires as they have small locking tabs that must be pressed to release them.
If you are satisfied with my answer, be sure to click on the green ACCEPT button. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask them. Thanks for using our service!
Conrad, Technician
Experience: Training on many types of consumer electronics, training on Sony Samsung and JVC
Expert:  Conrad replied 5 years ago.
Please disregard the previous instructions for lamp ballast replacement. I had the wrong instructions. I will give you the correct instructions:
The lamp driver is much easier to access in this chassis. The lamp must be removed in order to remove the lamp driver board. A plastic cover located at the rear of the lamp chamber is secured with 3 screws as shown in Figure 3-4. The cables behind it must be removed from their retainers. The cover is then lifted up and to the rear to remove it and expose the lamp driver as illustrated in Figure 3-5. Note the position of the high voltage antenna wire and how it is secured by the retainer tab on top of the lamp chamber.
Remove any screws securing the lamp driver board to the lamp chamber. There is usually only one at the front of the unit but some sets have been found with an additional screw at the rear. Unplug the lamp control and B+ connectors. Release the small clip located at the left rear and the board will lift up easily.
In Figure 3-6, 1 screw is removed to release the lamp socket. Release the high voltage wires from the indicated retaining clips. The lamp socket is removed by lifting on the bottom edge where the screw was removed. The upper edge of the socket has a tab that slides into the housing to secure the top portion of the socket. Note the positioning of the high voltage wires and install them with the same routing as shown in the illustration. This is critical to ensure proper operation of the lamp
There are a couple of pictures that should help. I will post one in this frame and another in the next frame.
graphic
Expert:  Conrad replied 5 years ago.
Picture number two:
graphic
Conrad, Technician
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX replace it.
Expert:  Conrad replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for using our service!