Livep9
Livep9, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Technology Certified And Over 10 Years Of TV Repair.

my tv is 37in bush lcd tv and it wont switch on if i manage

my tv is 37in bush lcd tv and it wont switch on if i manage to get it on it takes 10mins for the picture to come on, the tv is not 2 years old yet
Category: TV
Expert:  Livep9 replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomerthank you for using just answer,do you have a power surge connected to your tv set,also what do you have connected to your tv set thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have a sky box conected to my tv but i have tried it just using the arieal in the bedroom and it is still the same it has a blue light on the switch and when you press the remote the blue light goes out and the tv should come on but with mine the light goes out then after a couple of seconds comes back on again
Expert:  Livep9 replied 5 years ago.

OkCustomerthe problem that your tv set is having is coming from the power supply circuit,you have a faulty power supply board that needs to be replaced,just to be on the safe side try a hard reset unplug your tvs et from the wall for about 4 hours plug it back in and see what happens if this suggestion does not work,then i would recommend to have a tech come out and service your tv set and troubleshoot the power supply boardand see if it a component which is giving you this problem or the board itself,hope this helps,Thank You.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
could this be a manufacturers fault as i have been now told if it is i could get a new tv as mine is not very old
Expert:  Livep9 replied 5 years ago.

I have not heard or read anything about a manufacturer defect on this tv set model,it could be possible,regardless of what it is i would call them up and see what happens if they give you the option on a new set take it,Thank You.

Livep9, Technician
Experience: Electronics Technology Certified And Over 10 Years Of TV Repair.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it's not them that is offering the new set in fact bush were not helpful at all i would never buy one of their products again

i bought the tv from argos and they said if i could prove it was a manufactors fault they would change it

Expert:  Livep9 replied 5 years ago.

OkCustomeri do not know about a defect on this tv set model,but i will be opting out of this question to let another expert help you with this maybe they know Thank You.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you