FRANK, Technician

how do i reset the v-chip code if i dont have the remote that

how do i reset the v-chip code if i dont have the remote that came with the tv, i have a universal remote
Category: TV
Expert:  FRANK replied 7 years ago.

hello and welcome to just answer

can you tell me the brand and model of yourTV?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
mitsubishi and the modei is ws-65315
Expert:  FRANK replied 7 years ago.

you must use a Mitsubishi remote according to the manufacturer

Appendix A: Bypassing the V-Chip Lock

Bypassing the V-Chip Lock

After you set the lock, you need your passcode to view a V-Chip locked program, view the locked TV, cancel the lock, or enter the V-Chip lock menus.

If you forget your passcode, you can view the locked TV without entering your passcode. When your password XXXXX XXXXX press the number 9 and QV buttons on the remote TV control at the same time. This process temporarily unlocks the TV.

When entering the V-Chip Lock menu, this process deletes your old passcode and prompts you to enter a new passcode.

Appendix A: Bypassing the V-Chip Lock

Cut along the dotted line and file bypass instructions in a safe place for future reference.

When changing or deleting your passcode, you must use the remote control included with this TV. You cannot use a Mitsubishi remote control from another component or a "universal" remote.

Expert:  FRANK replied 7 years ago.
thank you for accepting my answer I was under the impression that you needed an answer to your question wich I provided you with what I don't understand is the negative feed back...