Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.
3134513

I cant get a signal on my new TV. Have folloewd directions

I can't get a signal on my new TV. Have folloewd directions for set up as far as I can tell. Please help
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV? The model number will be displayed on a tag on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached.

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

What is being used to supply the signal to the TV?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have owned the TV less than 24 hrs. I have tried to follow the instructions for ste up to no avail.

model # XXXXX Polaroid 19" TV.

I have used the power cable and the red/blue/green cables to start up. I keep getting a no signal response..

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Melissa

Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.
What is being used to supply the signal to the TV? Cable? Antenna?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'm not sure what you are asking.

I've used the power cord, an antenna, & the cables that came with the TV. I do not have cable TV at this time.

Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.

Polaroid manufactures TV sets that are know to have many problems. It is not unusual to fine one that does not work directly out of the box. If you have a chance to purchase the extended warrenty on the TV it is highly advised. There is a good chance the extended warrenty will be needed. That said now for the problem you are having. The digital channels require a better signal to produce a picture on a TV. If you have set up the TV using the directions in the owner's manual and done a channel search and no channels were found, it is possible that you will need to relocate the antenna or purchase an antenna capable of providing a stronger signal to the TV. It is either that of the TV should be returned and exchanged for another TV. If you have a chance to change it for a Sharp, Panasonic or Sony, you will have a more dependable TV set.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for you willingness to help me. I got so frustrated trying to figure things out that I took the TV back to Walmart for a refund.
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the accept. If you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them. I hope you will return to Just Answer again. Please tell your friends about Just Answer. In the future you can request me personally if you wish. Positive feedback is very important to me. Please leave feedback when you get a chance. Click here if you wish to leave feedback.

There is no need to reply to this post unless you have additional questions. It will only generate a request for me to reply to your post.

Regards,

Edward