Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

One half screen is blank RCA 27R411T Sound is fine

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

We have owned the RCA 27R411T since 2004 one owner.

yes I have vacumed the insides. Tried to direct a direct attach the cable input. tried over air antenna. the same condition occors. unpluged for an hour, sitll the same results.

The top half of screen is blank or dark then a fat bright line of about 1/4 inch, the bottom half has a normal picture and same good sound.I have not tried to or made any changes to this unit as yet.

If it is a matter of removing a cap and replacing with one new I have the experence to do.

I just need to know what with pictures. or ruffly how much a shop would charge? as i havent been employed for 2 years I would like to do this my self.

Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.
I expect this repair will be about $150 to $250, depending on how many parts are found to be out of factory specifications, if the problem is a bad circuit board, and if the board can be repaired or has to be replaced. I suspect a failed horizontal output transistor and a few other parts. A small TV repair shop will often charge less for the repair than a large electronics repair facility. Many consumers are replacing these TV sets getting ready for the coming of digital in Febuary of 2009. Good working TV sets are showing up at the Thrift Stores for very reasonable prices, many less than $25. Craigs list is another good source to find a good inexpensive TV.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.