Pmiller
Pmiller, Technician
Experience:  20 yrs+ In electronics w/ car audio, video and electronics expertise
12888663

My Akai 27 LCD television will not turn on. When I push the

My Akai 27" LCD television will not turn on. When I push the power button the LED light stays red instead of turning to green and turning on. The televisions modle # XXXXX XXXXX and it's only about a year old.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pmiller replied 7 years ago.
I will be happy to assist you with your problem. To help me isolate the issue...please unplug the tv for about 5 minutes, plug it back in andtry to turn it on. Watch the power light...If the light stays red and does not blink..push the power button again and tell me how many times it blinks before either going solid again or off.
Also, very important...what date did you purchase the tv?
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wait for your reply
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Unplugging the TV works that's the first thing I tried. But now, I always have to unplug it before it will turn on. I shouldn't have to unplug my tv and then plug it back in every time I want to watch tv. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Pmiller replied 7 years ago.
Please see answer below...
Expert:  Pmiller replied 7 years ago.
Ok, upon researching the service information regarding your model...
There is a common capacitor failure on the power supply board of this tv. If you are familiar with electronics you can get a refurbished board with a core swap for about $80 or without the core board for $120, and replace it yourself.
Call Georges Electronics at 213-27-4071 and tell them what you need. (they are an authorized akai center).
If you have electronic repair knowledge then you can certainly attempt to repair it yourself. However, if you do not, it is VERY dangerous or even deadly in the back of these sets and you should call a technician for the job. If you decide to get it repaired from a technician it should run approx. $275+...Try to find a repair shop in your local phonebook that doesn't have to pay for a big ad...that should keep the price down as much as possible on the repair. I'm sorry that there is no other consumer fix to this problem as the TV does need repair.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further information...Good luck. Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!
Thank You,
Phil

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and do not need more clarification or answers to resolve your problem.

If you accept my answer, please leave positive feedback and I will as well.
If you do not feel you can leave positive feedback please do not accept the answer
.
Pmiller, Technician
Experience: 20 yrs+ In electronics w/ car audio, video and electronics expertise