Rahn T.
Rahn T., Handyman/Handywoman
Experience:  Good with wires and electronics. Much hands on experience(about 20+ exp.)
14081138

the input on the remote control is not working, the Dish network

Customer Question

the input on the remote control is not working, the Dish network lost it channel to reconnect and neither inputs are working. The remote I have works on both my RCA tv's but the original remote for the tv I'm requesting I do not have does this make a difference with the input function?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rahn T. replied 5 years ago.
Are you saying the remote isn't working (input button) for the DISH box? or for a TV?
If its not working for a TV, what TV is it? (brand,model#)
What is the brand of the remote and model #?
If you are trying to get to the "Input" or "Video" channel on your TV, and its the TV the input button isn't working for, then yes. This could cause you problems.

Let me know the info, and I'll try to help you through this,
Rahn T.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, the remote for the tv, only the input button it origanally goes to my other rca tv
Expert:  Rahn T. replied 5 years ago.
Ok, tell me the model # XXXXX the remote, and the TV its not working for.
Rahn T.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the model of the tv is F 27252GYYX1, for the remote on it's back side is a #VSOS1408, I don't know if this will help. I turned my tv tothe left to watch at a different angal and the tv displayed unusable signal--Video oo and dish net work can't retrieve the channel 03 for resetting
Expert:  Rahn T. replied 5 years ago.
Could you please tell me the make of the TV (RCA -----) and the remote (RCA Universeral -----).
Something like that would help alot.
Rahn T.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
RCA- BOTH, remote goes to my 19 in. I was given a 21 in. w/o remote but my remote works both tv's.
Expert:  Rahn T. replied 5 years ago.
I would say we need to program your remote correctly or get another remote.
If you have the book for the remote try the codes it have for RCA TV's.
I found these all purpose codes for RCA TV's 000,006,011,019,027,034,038,044.
Also try to do a Code Search on the TV that you need to control (have use of input button).
If you don't know how to do these things let me know and I'll walk you through them.

Rahn T.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's not a universal remote to code in. I don't know if the input works or not I hanven't tried it on the tv it goes to for fear it will mess up the dish network so I'm unsertain if this is the problem. Dish could not reset their system because nothing on their remote or mine would involving the inputs would work. They suggested I call RCA for help.
Expert:  Rahn T. replied 5 years ago.
Ok, so it sounds like you haven't tried too much in fear of messing up more.
This is a good thing.
But if you want to fix the problem, try one of the options below.

1. I would go buy a $10-$20 Universal Remote.

2. You could also buy a RF Converter Box at Radio Shack that will that many differennt kinds of input and re-broadcast them over channel 3 or 4, so you don't need to change input at all then.

I hope this gets you where you are trying to go :)

Rahn T. (Please Accept an answer :)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure this is the right answer either, nothing has changed with the tv nothing came unplugged and no buttons got pushed so I'm confused as how to resolve the problem. The only way to get reconnected is with the input button? So is it safe to try the input on the other tv to see if it works or not or will it mess up the cable on that tv also?
Expert:  Rahn T. replied 5 years ago.
It should not mess up the cables on the other TV's if you wish to try the other TV's. Although I dont see a reason to try it, It shouldnt mess up anything. The best solution at this time would be to get a universal remote. From what it sounds like, you could use one anyhow.

Regards,

Rahn T.
Rahn T., Handyman/Handywoman
Experience: Good with wires and electronics. Much hands on experience(about 20+ exp.)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Rahn T.

I was out of town for the holidays and did not review the last comment regarding my problem, also I got a universal remote. I'd like to try and finish where we left off at.
Thank You, Debra
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Rahn T. or anyone , I would like to code in universal remote for RCA tv.

Thank You, Debra
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did not get help from my last question. I am reapplying the same question for help. The last helper was incomplete and we did not follow thru with my problem. He requested I get a universal remote control and he would help me code it in. I have the remote know but still need help with the coding. It's hard to pay for an incomplete service on a fixed income that I am on. Help Please! Thank You Debra
Expert:  Rahn T. replied 5 years ago.
I am here for as long as you need me with this problem. I do not like to leave someone hanging. I will help you anyway I can. Tell me the make and model# XXXXX your TV, and Universeral Remote. And have you tried the codes that came with the Universeral Remote? If so, which codes? I wish I could chat with you one-on-one and walk you through this. Let me know the answers to my questions so I can help you the best I can. Also, try using the codes that came with the new remote, and one of the codes for RCA, or generic TVs, should give you an "Input" button that works. If not, send me the info I asked for and we'll make it work somehow :)

Hope You Haven't Lost Hope,
Rahn T.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for getting back to me, Rahn. I think I am going to have a problem again, I got a used universal remote from my daughter but I forgot I need to have the code, I was thinking you have the code. I will have to wait until Friday when the store is open again to buy a new remote. I will reply back Friday PM hours. Thank You, Debra
Expert:  Rahn T. replied 5 years ago.
You can give me all the details of the remote yoou have now and I'll tell you how to program it. I'll need make,model,and annything else about the REMOTE and TV that may help me to config them properly. Or, I'll wait till Friday PM hours.

Thanks for hanging in there,
Rahn T.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Rahn,

I'm sorry I didn't get back with you last night. I recieved your last response and noticed your reply that you could possibly help with the universal remote I already have with out my having the code, I will leave the information you requested and hope to hear from you.
How do we do a phone interview?
The TV is an RCA, model F27252GYYX1, the remote is a GE universal RC94930-B
I hope this works. Thank You, Debra
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Rahn,

How do we do a phone interview?
I hope this works. Thank You, Debra

Expert:  Rahn T. replied 5 years ago.
Okay, we are getting somewhere now. :)
It seems you happen to have a TV that you MUST have the Manufactures Remote (RCA - GE - PROSCAN 221133 TV REMOTE CONTROL (CRK74B)) to operate the input and other options. I did find the site that will sell you the remote brand new, here is the link for you..

http://www.electronicadventure.us/Merchant2/merchant.mv?screen=prod&store_code=EA&product_code=221133

This will fix everything foor you, well almost :) Sorry we had to beat around the bush to figure out the answer for your question. If you need anything else I'll be glad to help you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Rahn,

Sorry, I just got your responds my computer was out the modem burn out and the isp had to replace it with a new one.
I typed in the web page that you left for me but the sight said it was forbidden, how else can I access this sight?
Thanks for hanging in there for me. Debra
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Rahn,

I did some exploring and went to RCA.com they have a sight for remote codes, I found the code I needed to re-enter for the remote control I use for both the RCA TV's, I entered and the satilite came back on.
I think when the TV got unplugged, I messed with it to much and took it out of 00 which is the channel it should be on for the satilite to work.
I just couldn't see spending $40.00 on another remote there had to be another alternative.
Persistance prevails, we figured it out.

Thank You! so much for all your patients and help. Debra
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Rahn,

I did some exploring and went to RCA.com they have a sight for remote codes, I found the code I needed to re-enter for the remote control I use for both the RCA TV's, I entered and the satellite came back on.
I think when the TV got unplugged, I messed with it to much and took it out of 00 which is the channel it should be on for the satellite to work.

Thank You! so much for all your patients and help. Debra Smile