Oneohm_2000, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Engineering Degree, 20 years troubleshooting experience

I have lost the audio on my Toshiba television model number

I have lost the audio on my Toshiba television model number CN36G95. Every thing else seems to be working fine. It just quit suddenly while watching a program. Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Oneohm_2000 replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for submitting the question to Just answer.

The symptom you have on your tv sounds familiar but I could use a little more info to help solve the issue.

How long was the TV on before the problem started?

Does it occur intermittently or is it all the time now?

Does it occur on all channels?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I t occurs on all channels. The TV was initially on for just a few moments before the sound just stopped. There has been no sound since. The TV has been tried several times. I also tried both internal and external speakers. No sound either way. I also tried adjusting all the different elements under the menu audio selection. No change.

HiCustomer Thanks for the additional details. Often tv manufactures will use a capacitor to coulple the audio signal to the audio amplifier in the tv. Due to the operating conditions in a tv (changes in temperature, etc.) the capacitors may leak and change value. When this occurs, it will render the symptoms you have reported.

Another situation, could be an open solder connection that cracked open.

These two scenarios can be easily repaired by someone with basic soldering skils.

If this information was helpful, choose accept. If you need further assistance we are here to help.