bobdtvman
bobdtvman, Technician
Experience:  19 Years Expierence as an TV/Appliance and Electronics technician
9810451

We have a magnavox flat screen tv. The color went out after

Customer Question

We have a magnavox flat screen tv. The color went out after approx. 7 months. Retailer would not stand behind. Took it to local repairman. He said the entire "borad" would need to be replaced, magnavox is the only one that is like that. Cost approx. 300. parts and labor. We have had Sony and RCA that have lasted 20 plus years, can this be true?
Category: TV
Expert:  bobdtvman replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more? could you send us the model number?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Model no 26MF231D37

Serial no, BZ3a067360381

Purchased Nov 2006, color out approx. 7/08

repairman, Nov 2007, I know it was under a one year period, but not 100% sure of the dates but have all the paperwork. Been watching in black and white....

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Model no 26MF231D37

Serial no, BZ3a067360381

Purchased Nov 2006, color out approx. 7/07

Expert:  bobdtvman replied 5 years ago.

are you able to explain your connection, Is it hooked to a cable box, sat, dvd etc?

are they all b/w

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hooked up by Comcast cable box, yes all are black and white. Went through all the trouble shooting procedures, and it is hooked fine.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

anyone able to anwser the above questions?

Expert:  bobdtvman replied 5 years ago.

Are you able to try a different input on the set, to see if it comes in color on a different input?

Ex, If your cable is b/w on a video (yellow jack) does it come in color on hd or Tuner input?

This will help us to identify the source of the problem. Do you have a dvd player or vcr or anything else hooked up.

More information is necessary to give you an accurate answer.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'll give it a try and let you know as soon as I peel my husband from the sports......
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tried changing yellow connect from cable box to all other options, do not have dvd or vcr hooked up.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think we have a lemon....just can't get anyone at magnavox to call back or respond to inquires regarding repairs. Don't want to take your valuable time on a Sat. Thanks
Expert:  bobdtvman replied 5 years ago.

you definitely have a problem with the set, and I would agree that it should have lasted more than a year without failing. you can try to contact the store you purchased it from, They may have a record of your purchase.they may be able to give you information on the warranty Maybe they would be willing to exchange it, or contribute to the repair costs, or possibly give you partial credit towards a different brand.

If you would like to continue to troubleshoot hhe set, you can get back to me.