Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

tv makes loud pop or crack noise. even when not on. how can

Customer Question

tv makes loud pop or crack noise. even when not on. how can i stop this. been living with it for years, cant stand it anymore! thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV? The model number will be displayed on a tag on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached.

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the model number is XXXXX 27F541. I have had it for 4 years, and I dont recall it ever NOT making the noises. Sounds like a loud crack. I imagine it has something to do with the tv heating up and cooling down. I have no other problems with the tv, all opearations work well, picture and sound have always been good. But when i turn it on, after a while it begins making the crack noise, it is always one loud crack but at numerous random times. after i have turned off the tv, i can hear it still cracking for at least 2 hours. i have done nothing to try to correct the problem, the only thing i considered doing was to remove the plastic housing, but i decided the safety factor outweighed the annoying factor. thanks for your input. TR
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.
I have opted out of this question since I have no information on this probloem in my database. I also believe it to be heat related. By opting out this prompts other experts to reply if they have the answer for you. Hopefully another expert will respond soon.