Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

how do i turn off the sleep mode so i can select and view

Customer Question

how do i turn off the sleep mode so i can select and view a channel
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV? The model number will be displayed on a tag on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached.

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I guess you won't be able to help me because I can't get at the back of the TV for a model number. It is in a cabinet and it is to heavy for me to lift out. It is an older model before 1999 and was given to me with no manual book.

I have tried to find something on the remote to turn off the sleep with no luck using menu but that only tells me sleep is on but not how to turn it on.

Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.
I will be glad to respond if you can provide the model number. Anytime that is convenient with you will be fine with me.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX

The model number ia C20BLS. The TV came with the house when we bought the house in 1999 with no manual. I never turned on he sleep mode and don't know how that happened.

Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.
I have opted out of this question since I have no information on this model in my database. By opting out this prompts other experts to reply if they have the answer for you. Hopefully another expert will respond soon. If no experts respond and I locate the needed information, I will opt back in and post the information.