Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Master Electronic Technician
Experience:  Nearly 4 decades of installing and repairing TV's of all types.

I broke my cable connector off the back of my TV, How do I

I broke my cable connector off the back of my TV, How do I repair it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about your TV.

Can I get the make and model number of the TV?

Also, are you using a cable box?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Make------ Zenth

Model # XXXXX

NO CABLE BOX / BASIC CABLE

Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 5 years ago.
GreetingsCustomer it would be helpful to know a few things before determining your next course of action. Provided you have the ability to work on solid state circuitry and have the necessary soldering skills you should be abe to do it. The first thing is to determine the type of connection the cable connector has inside the TV. It is an integral part of the tuner module? Does it have a cable leading from the backside going to a soldered chassis connection or tuner?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No cable, it 's a small metal box the size of a razor cell phone or small, atached to a solid state board, the cable connector was broken of this metal box

It may be possible to install a chassis mount F-61 connector. I will post links shortly for sources.
Most cable connectors of the type you describe are pressed in place and can loosen over time. The replacement threaded connector may mount through the hole from the inside and be secured in place with a washer and nut on the outside. An alternative is to double nut a connector in place from the front depending on the type used. You will need to remove the shield on the component and possibly on the printed circuit side if you need to solder a wire to the center pin of the new connector.
Connectors 1 several types
Connectors 2 #40-0204 F-61 center mount
Make sure whichever one you order has the nut with it or order it seperately. The links to suppliers are meant more to show you what is available. You can search for and order what you need from a supplier that is more convenient.
If you need further assistance please let me know. Thank you for using Just Answer.
Experience: Nearly 4 decades of installing and repairing TV's of all types.