Pmiller
Pmiller, Technician
Experience:  20 yrs+ In electronics w/ car audio, video and electronics expertise
12888663

My 52 inch RCA will not turn on. Power olight blinking 3 times,

My 52 inch RCA will not turn on. Power olight blinking 3 times, and turns off and blinks 9 times.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pmiller replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

What is the model number of your TV?
Also, please unplug the TV for about 10 minutes...then plug it back in, and press the power button...do you hear any sounds at all inside the TV when you try and power it up?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
RCA Model # XXXXX .... Chassis ITC222 ...Go ahead an laugh at me !

I tried turning unplugging the unit for an hour ...When its plugged back in , you can hear it automatically turn on the power button , then the button blinks and powers back off ...power button clicks again in a second and goes off, I does this 3 times . TV never poweres on , powere button just lights up ! Let me know if you need more information.

I've read one terrible posts after another on the net about this TV ... I wish I would have read them 4 years ago
Expert:  Pmiller replied 6 years ago.
I will not laugh at you, you have to understand...no one knows about these types of defects untill the TV's have been around awhile and start acting up...So don't feel bad, there is no way to tell when they are new.(We just hope RCA starts making better TV's :)
This model is very well known...now anyway, for their coolant leakage shorting out components as well as component failure on there power supply and front panel circuit boards. The blinking light and shutdown tells me that the TV is detecting the short and placing itself into a protection mode to prevent further damage as well as consumer safety. There are no particular self diagnostic pattern with this model. This will unfortunately be something that will need repair and testing to determine which fault is causing your particular shutdown. On the brighter side...If it is only the capacitors on your power supply or front panel board this will not be that expensive of a repair...There is of course the chance you have leaked coolant and you have shorted components that need replacing. On this TV there is no way to tell the exact component failure without looking at it and testing the television as there are so many different possible issues.
I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further information...Good luck. Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!
Thank You,
Phil

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and do not need more clarification or answers to resolve your problem.

If you accept my answer, please leave positive feedback and I will as well.
If you do not feel you can leave positive feedback please do not accept the answer

Pmiller, Technician
Experience: 20 yrs+ In electronics w/ car audio, video and electronics expertise