Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.
3134513

I need a replacement screen for my 61a750 samsung dlp tv.

I need a replacement screen for my 61a750 samsung dlp tv. How much will that cost including a pro to install it? Where can I find a tech to do it in my home in corpus christi, texas (zip code 78411)? I need something that's as good or better than the factory screen. I'm talking about the plastic or plexi (not sure which) screen and not the projectors or led's or anything. I want my TV to be like new because it got some scratches in our move. I need a complete solution including where to find the screen, a tech and a price estimate.
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

Hi Customer. Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Is the screen only scratched? It is not cracked or broken?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Edward,

Yes, it is only scratched.

Chris
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

Do you know the date of manifacture of the TV or if you purchased the TV as new when you purchased it?

Can you verify that the model on the back of the TV is 61a750?

Are you located in the US?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Edward,

I purchased the tv 2-3 months ago.

I just read the model number off the back and it's...

HL61A750A1F

I also read the manufacture date and it was manufactured in July of 2008.

I am in the US. Corpus Christi, Texas.

Chris
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

I expect the total cost to have the screen replaced will be about $300. I am unable to find the information on your model number since it is such a new TV. The price for the screen will be about $100 and you can expect to add close to that for shipping. Most shops will charge about $100 to come to you home and install the screen. Small TV repair shops are likely to charge less than a large repair facility. There are not special screens that are more heavy duty that the original screen that came with the TV. However there are screen protectors that can help eliminate damage to the screen . Please click here for information on these protectors. Be grateful that the screen was just scratched. There are two more screens behind the first one and they are more expensive.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Edward,

I'm confused. You can't located the screen, so how can I? I need that info ;)

Also, your statement "However there are screen protectors that can help eliminate damage to the screen"...what are those? I need more of an explanation. Is it a screen? What is it?

Chris
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

Any TV shop can order the screen directly from Samsung. Due to the age of the TV the information is not available from my supplier on line. I can call then Monday and get you an exact price or you can call Vance Baldwin 1-800-432-8542. The $100 price I quoted you was for a last years model Samsung 60" front screen. I expect your screen will be very close to this price. The link I provided ( click here ) has the information on the screen protectors. They will protect the screen from being damaged. The screen protector sits in front of the TV screen. It is very common for the screens on the TV to be damaged, especially if there are any children in the home. Click here for information on what damage that can be done to the TV screen. Another source for the replacment screen can be found by clicking here. This link is located in Texas so the shipping on the screen may be less. They will have to be called fro pricing but my educated guess will be about $100.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Edward,

Thanks for your response.

If you could get in touch with your Samsung contact for pricing of the screen including shipping to my location, as well as the same screen cost/shipping cost quote from the Texas company, that would be great.

Also, please get a quote on the screen protector shipped to my location as well.

Thanks Edward, you've been very helpful and once I get the vitals on the replacement/cost (and a contact) I will be happy to accept the answer.

Chris
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.
Please provide me your zip code. It will likely be Monday before I can get all the information due to this being the weekend. .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Edward,

My zip code is 78411. I'm in Corpus Christi, Texas.

Thanks!
Chris
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.
Your model TV came with the option of a protective screen or not. If the screen you have on your TV is smooth it has the protective screen. If the screen has a textured feel it will need the lenticular screen which will cost $217.28 + $117 shipping from Vance Baldwin. I will send more information shortly. I am waiting for another reply.
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

TVscreenfinder can customize a Non-Glare screen protector to any size you need. The price is $169.00 plus $89.00 shipping.

Regards,

Edward

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Edwards,

In your response about the screen being smooth or textured you mention it coming with a protective screen or a lenticular screen. What's the cost on the protective screen? Is it the same as the one provided by TV screen finder?

Chris
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

This model TV set did not come from the factory with a protective screen. It may have been offered as an option from the place you purchased the TV. Since it is considered to be an option Samsung does not carry the protective screen for this model. A local TV shop may have a protective screen that will work for your TV. I have no way of knowing what your local TV shop will have. The screen offered by Screen Finder is a anti glare and a protective screen all in one.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Edward,

I'm trying to clarify. So are you saying that the screen at TV screen finder can take place of the protective screen that may have been offered at the retailer if it does have that option?

Thanks,
Chris

Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.
Yes the screen will replace the protective screen if the TV came with the protective screen option. It can also be added if the TV did not have the optional protective screen.
Edward, Technician
Experience: 40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.