Neil, Technician
Experience:  More than 10 years experience repairing TV's and electronics equipment.
12461652

my projection color tv (hitachi) has ghost images on screen.

Customer Question

my projection color tv (hitachi) has ghost images on screen. I have heard it needs an adjustment. is this true, and if so how do I do it, or what do I do to correct the problem? to have a repair, is it exspensive?
Category: TV
Expert:  Neil replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

The only adjustment that you can do is by pressing the MAGIC FOCUS button on your TV's front panel or the remote. If this doesn't fix it, then your TV has a convergence board problem which is very common with these types of TV's even with the other brands. The fix for this is by replacing two identical IC's with part# XXXXX starts with STK. But before replacing these IC's technicians check small components called resistors and pico fuses around these IC's. They also check for loose or cold solder connections.

Have it checked by a qualified repairman because there are parts inside your TV that are still holding dangerous amount of voltage even if it's unplugged from the wall outlet.

I hope this answers your question and if you have more please feel free to ask.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,