Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

I have a maganox/phillips 51MP6200d/37 rear projection TV that

I have a maganox/phillips 51MP6200d/37 rear projection TV that was under warrranty, the repair guys came and said that the P/N 313926720561 is bad, and refunded the TV price. I found a refurb. at, #1 - is this something i can do (worked as electronic assember befroe)? #2- is this worth doing?

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

How long have you owned the TV?

What is the date of manifacture of the TV?

Was the TV actually diagnosed with test equipment to verify that was the part needed and that no other parts were defective?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It's actually for a friend, and is still under warranty <2 year), I do not have the date of manufacturer since it's at his house.

All I know is that the Maganox/phillips repair people came to his house and said that this part was bad (he read report to me) and they could not get the part. They refunded his money and left the tv.

He was wondering if he could/should try to fix.
He is also willing to take it to a repair shop (he lives in speedway indiana), but he has no internet and is asking my help.

Sorry I could not give more info....

I expect your friend is better off getting a different brand TV. Magnavox is known for not being a dependable TV and having many problems. Once repaired the TV is likely to fail again. If the TV was not diagnosed with test equipment there could be other problems and the new part if installed could also go bad. The Magnavox/phillips repair people were telling your friend something when they agreed to refund the money. They would have repaired the TV if they though it could have been. Honestly I believe the money will be better spent on a Sharp, Panasonic or Sony large screen LCD HDTV. THe picture will be better, the set will take up less room and it will cost less to operate.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.