Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Master Electronic Technician
Experience:  Nearly 4 decades of installing and repairing TV's of all types.
12940042

PATCHES OF COLOR IN DIFFERENT SPOTS ON MY PANASONIC PT-61LCX35

Customer Question

PATCHES OF COLOR IN DIFFERENT SPOTS ON MY PANASONIC PT-61LCX35 ONLY A YEAR AND 1/2 OLD
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 8 years ago.
GreetingsCustomer is this something that has been progressing over time or did this happen suddenly?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it happened all of a sudden, the tv is only 11/2yrs old.
You may want to consider having a technician check this out. I have heard of this same thing happening to slightly older sets in the Panasonic line. There may be a problem with the LCD's in your set. Hopefully you have an extended warranty or possibly covered under the standard warranty.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
YOUR ANSWER DID NOT HELP AT ALL, I PLANED TO HAVE A EXPERT TECH COME OUT AN LOOK AT THE SET FROM THE START. I NEEDED YOU TO TELL ME WHAT PART WAS BAD SO I COULD BE MORE INFORMED WHEN THE TECH CAME.
My apologies for not being able to diagnose your problem in advance of your service tech arriving. Having serviced televisions for many years, I know full well that conditions that appear similar can have different causes. I would be doing you a disservice and it would be very unprofessional of me to advise you with limited information and assume that I am correct. I did state that these sets have had issues with the LCD's but since I cannot see the problem or make an onsite diagnosis it would be wrong for me to say that is definitely the problem. This is not much different than if you called your service tech and asked them to tell you ahead of time what was wrong. Since you want more information than I can offer, I will opt out in the event another expert can offer more assistance and wish you luck with your situation.