Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

My TV started having a rolling picture. It gradually became

My TV started having a "rolling" picture. It gradually became worse until now there's only a straight multicolored line, running horizontally across the screen. Is this indicative of a picture tube problem? My TV is at least 6years old- & I'm wondering if I should repair it, or replace it!

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV? The model number will be displayed on a tag on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks, Edward!

The model number is: Samsung #PV-C2780.

It has an installed VCR player as well.

The problem indicated a problem in the horizontal circuit. I will expect this repair to be about $250. A small TV shop will often charge less for the repair than a large repair facility. Once repaired it is likely to fail again due to it's age. Many consumers will opt to replace such a TV with a LCD HDTV. The picture will be better and it will cost less to operate.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.