Pmiller
Pmiller, Technician
Experience:  20 yrs+ In electronics w/ car audio, video and electronics expertise
12888663

My Magnavox T.v. Model mwc20T6 Combo dvd /video wont play video

My Magnavox T.v. Model mwc20T6 Combo dvd /video wont play video when you place video in. The video will go in and then ejects the video and the power the shuts off !
Category: TV
Expert:  Pmiller replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

This is happening with a video tape and not a dvd. Is this correct?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
just the video not the dvd
Expert:  Pmiller replied 8 years ago.
Ok, that's what I thought.
This is a very common problem with vcr's. What is happening is your vcr is trying to load the tape and detecting a load malfunction and shutting the power to the whole unit down. Usually its just a bad belt, or, a lock up in the plastic gear assembly that loads the appropriate mode for the unit to engage the drive system. The majority of the time though its just the belt. A repair of this nature should run about $45-$75 depending on your location. Due to the fact that you must remove the vcr unit from inside the tv for repair, I recommend getting it repaired or warranty service if you still have time left on your warranty as it is very dangerous in the back of these set.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further information...Good luck.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!
Thank You,
Phil

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and do not need more clarification or answers to resolve your problem.

If you accept my answer, please leave positive feedback and I will as well.
If you do not feel you can leave positive feedback please do not accept the answer.