Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

how to replace cooling fan samsung dlp

Customer Question

how to replace cooling fan samsung dlp
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV? The model number will be displayed on a tag on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached.

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

the model is hl-p5063w

i have owned it about 3 years

no I have not opened it yet

Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

How have you determined the cooling fan needs to be replaced?

If you wish to repair it yourself what type of electronic training do you have?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

reading different forums the noise I hear seems to be fan

I only have general knowledge of electricity, I am a home builder

Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

Please be careful if you remove the back of the TV. The manifacture recommends that there on user serviceable parts inside. This is due to high voltage being present even with the TV unplugged. The problem is very likely the color wheel making the noise, if you are not getting a temperature warning light. Click here for some great information on replacing the color wheel on the TV. You might want to purchase the service manual by clicking here since it will provide information on the replacement of the cooling fans.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.