TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

My Panasonic Plasma tv for no reason stopped working. I switched

Customer Question

My Panasonic Plasma tv for no reason stopped working. I switched it on and then the green light flashed. I could hear what sounds like a fan whirring up, then a flicker of light from the screen, then i could hear a click, then the screen would go back dark and the red standby light began to flash 7 times then pause, then 7 times a second in succession.
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV? The model number will be displayed on a tag on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached.

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hello Edward,

The model number of the Tv is:

TH - 42 PZ 700 B

I purchased the Tv in August 2007 and received it on the 16th of that month.

That would be approximately 14 months since i have owned the set.

It is now 2 months out of warranty. I have tried to correct the problem by:

1. Switching the set off and on again and pressing the standby button.
  2. Un plugging the plug from the socket and leaving it unplugged for 2 hours, so that it could do a hard reset. I did this because i read info online from lots of other people who have experienced the same problem and gave this sort of advice, which worked for some people but not others.
  3. I put the plug into a different socket, in case their might be a power issue with the socket the tv was plugged into, but no luck!

The Tv, when switched on, makes a whirring sound, i think this sound must be the fans, then there is a flicker of light as though it is about to power up, but then there is a click and the green light turns to red and then flashes 7 times, then pauses and then flashes 7 times in a repeated cycle until i switch the set off.

Thankyou

Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.
I have opted out of this question since I have no information on this model in my database. By opting out this prompts other experts to reply if they have the answer for you. Hopefully another expert will respond soon.

Regards,

Edward