Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

i have a jvc model no. hd-52g887 52 inch tv .it made a pop

Customer Question

i have a jvc model no. hd-52g887 52 inch tv .it made a pop sound and went out the red light and the blue light on front of tv started flashing together .i unplugged tv for a while and turned it back on and just the blue light come on for a minute then shut off it never tried to bring a picture up
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Customer,

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

From the description of this problem it sounds like you have a bad lamp. There is a small door on the side of the tv (should be on the left side if you are looking at the screen) that you can take off to access the lamp. I would recommend taking the lamp you and looking at it to see if its shattered.

If the lamp is shattered, it needs to be replaced. This is a consumer replaceable item, meaning you can do it yourself. There should be instructions in the user guide on how to complete the lamp replacement.

The part number for your lamp is TS-CL110UAA

Let me know if you need more information or have more questions.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

If my answer was satisfactory and meets your needs, then please press the green "accept" button.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do you take the lamp out?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

On the side of the tv there should be a small door with 1 screw, take that screw out then the door will come off. There should then be 2 scerws in the lamp, take them out and pull the lamp out.

Let me know if you need more help or information!

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok I've pulled the lens out and it looks fine
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This looks like a magnifying lens, is that what you refer to as the lamp?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Does it look like this?graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no. it is round
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.
What do the lights say next to them? Is one the lamp light and one the power light?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

above the power light which does say power, there is a little red light that says nothing

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

According to JVC if these lights are blinking simultaneously there is an error with the lamp. Check out the link below and search your model number, then click on the user guide. Once it is downloaded look at page 75 for the lamp removal instructions. Your lamp should look like the picture I posted.

Let me know what you find

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there's no link
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Tim , I don't know if you really want to know what I found!! My husband now knows how many screws it takes to hold a JVC tv together. ALOT!!!!! Meanwhile as my tv is totally torn apart i walk over and take the part out that you explained to me and yes my lamp does look like your picture with one exceptions mine is broken. As I try not to laugh too hard at my husband, I would like to thank you for your help it was greatly appreciated.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

I am so glad we could be of help tonight, tell you husband I said to have fun while he puts your set back tother.

Also the lamp can be found at many places on the net, but be carefull cheaper is not always better you get what you pay for. There are alot of places offering 1 year warranties on lamps now, I would buy from one of them. Below is a link to a dealer I use, they are great and always stand behind their product.

http://www.dlplampsource.com/e-store/prod_details.asp?pcid=0&cid=1016175235037&pid=41323139374

If you need anything else please let me know!

Thank you

Tim Nolan