Nathan, Technician
Experience:  BAS in Electronics Engineering Technology, Certified Electronics Technician
12018651

The sound on my tv doesnt work

Customer Question

The sound on my tv doesn't work
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 years ago.
Customer

Thanks for your question, I can help you. First I need to know the make, model and year of you TV.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't know the year of the TV - it was given to me. It's a Sony Trinitron XBR. It's too heavy for me to move it and check the back for any more information than what it says on the front.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 years ago.

Stewart 714,

First check the speaker wire connections on your TV. Check for frayed or loose speaker wires. If the problem still persists, take a look at the sound circuits on your TV. The older TV's have a sound circuit made up of transistors. Newer Televisions have an Audio IC. It is usually located next to the discriminator coil on your TV. Take a look at that Audio IC. It is the source of your problem.

Hopefully, I answered this question to your satisfaction, if so please click on the accept button. If you have any more questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Thank You

Guy