Livep9
Livep9, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Technology Certified And Over 10 Years Of TV Repair.
11485808

I have a JVC tv that does not come on. Power light blinks and

I have a JVC tv that does not come on. Power light blinks and clicks but no picture. Need to unplug poer cord to turn off.
Category: TV
Expert:  eldon replied 5 years ago.
Customer/p>

Could you get the model number form the back?

Do you want to fix yourself?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model # XXXXX
Expert:  Livep9 replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for using just answer i ll be happy to assist you today,ok quick question does

the tv set come on at all or is it dead,also how many times does the power light blink

thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The tv does not come on at all. But when I turn it on there is static coming from the screen that I feel on my arm. Have not counted the blinks but it blinks 4 times slow then 1 blink per second after that. I need to have to power off for more then 10 min. or the tv comes back on by it self when the power is turned back on.

Thanks

Pat

Expert:  Livep9 replied 5 years ago.

Ok when the tv set finally turns on can you hear the sound,also try to figure out the

blinking code that the tv set is trying to give you,thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, there is no sound and the blinking does not stop once it blinks the 4 slow and then 1 blinks per second after that. I counted up to 100 of the 1 blink per second.

thanks

Expert:  Livep9 replied 5 years ago.

Ok becarfull when servicing the tv set it can be very dangerous,lets unplug the tv set

and open up the back cover of the tv,check the fuse right next to where the power cord

is coming in from the wall to your tv set,see if the fuse is good thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Fuse is good
Expert:  Livep9 replied 5 years ago.

Ok the problem that your tv set is having is coming from the power supply either the

board itself is bad or the components around the power supply circuit board are bad like

a leaking capacitor or a burnt resistor can cause this kinds of problems,the thing that is

happening and most common is that one of the components on the power supply is

faulty and keeping the tv set on protection mode which does not allow the tv set to turn

on,this safety feature is there to isolate the problem instead of spreading the problem to

another circuit.Moreover contact jvc see if they have the power supply board if they do

go ahead and get it you should be able to change it out yourself with the instructions that

come with the board, just becarefull when serving the tv set,also if you do decide to take

it to a tv repair shop which i do recommend so they can troubleshoot your tv

set,depending on the tv repair shop it should not be more than 300 dollars or less to get

your tv set up and running,but it depends on the tv repair shop.

Thank you.

Livep9, Technician
Experience: Electronics Technology Certified And Over 10 Years Of TV Repair.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Okay Thanks. I think it would be better if I just replace the tv at that cost of repair.

mahalo

Pat