Neil, Technician
Experience:  More than 10 years experience repairing TV's and electronics equipment.

I have a horizontal line running across my 40 samsung lcd

I have a horizontal line running across my 40" samsung lcd hdtv. The line shifts colors and seems to fade in and out in spots depending on the screen image. Is this a case of stuck pixels? How do I fix it?

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

What is the model no. of your TV?

Is the sound normal?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The model no. of the TV is LN-S4041D. The sound seems ok. I use a SONY 5.1 surround system (which is working fine), but just to check, I turned it off and ran the TV speakers, and they seemed to work fine. The line across the screen seems to stay primarily gray or pink (but can turn purple or red, too), but in some places you don't notice it, depending on what images are on the screen.

Your TV needs to be opened. There is multiwire cable (LVDS) which connects from the mainboard to the LCD controller. Most of the time it is the problem. The picture will come back as soon as this cable is unplugged and plugged back in from both ends. If this doesn't solve the problem, replacing the cable would be the next step. Checked on for the cable.

Have it checked by a qualified repairman if you're not sure you can do it.

I hope this answers your question and if you have more please feel free to ask.

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you think I answered your question satisfatorily.