Livep9
Livep9, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Technology Certified And Over 10 Years Of TV Repair.
11485808

i have a sony tv trusurround (srs) that will not come on.

i have a sony tv trusurround (srs) that will not come on. the standby red button will blink and it is connected to my directv equipment. Is the tv going out or can i reset something?
Category: TV
Expert:  Livep9 replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for using just answer i ll be happy to assist you today, first off can i have the

model # XXXXX the tv set ,also does the tv set turn on at all,moreover how many times is the

red standby light blinking thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it is a sony trinitron, the picture is not coming on and the red standby button is blinking as if it is trying to turn on. I have unplugged the tv from the back wall and waited a couple of minutes and then plugged it back in. the same buttons came on my direct tv receiver and the red button flashes.
Expert:  Livep9 replied 6 years ago.

Ok lets dissconnect the direct tv connections and see if the screen comes back on,also

how many time is the light blinking,moreover when the picture goes out do you still hear

the sound thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i have never gotten the picture of the tv to come back on after unplugging it. the light blinks on standby as long as i have power to the tv. the sound the come out of the speakers is a beep, beep beep sound for a little bit and then the is no sound . the light continues to blink on standby.
Expert:  Livep9 replied 6 years ago.

Ok lets go ahead and unplug the tv set and remove the back cover off the tv set and

check the fuse that is close to where the power cord comes in from the wall,if the fuse

is in good condition then the problem is coming from the power supply either it is the

board itself or the components around the board are bad like a shorted capacitor or a

shorted diode will create this kind of problems,also you can contact sony and see if

they have the power supply board by itself if they do go ahead and get it with a little bit of

soldering experience you should be able to change it out yourself with the instructions

that come with the board.Moreover if for some reason they do not have the board take it

to the nearest repair shop to get the tv set serviced,depending on the tvset repair shop it

should not be more than 300 dollars or less to get your tv set up and running,but it all

depends on the tv repair shop.

Thank you and hope this helps.

Livep9, Technician
Experience: Electronics Technology Certified And Over 10 Years Of TV Repair.