Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.
3134513

my tv volume keeps going down by itself the only thing that

my tv volume keeps going down by itself the only thing that is wrong with it the the power button got stuck inside. it's a Toshiba maybe 36 inch the only remote that will work is the one that it came with and the univeral remotes, but that doens't help either
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV? The model number will be displayed on a tag on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached.

How long have you owned the TV?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
32a42a 5yrs now
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.
Did the problem start happening when the power button got stuck inside? Is it still inside?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no actually the power button got stuck inside 2yrs ago.
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.

Once the volume goes down can it be turned back up right away?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nope sometime but most of the time i have to wait a few minutes or while i'm putting it up it's going down by itself.
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.

Remove the batteries from any remotes you may have to rule out the remote as a possible cause. As strange as it may sound this problem can be caused by light dimmers, florescent lights, a bright light shinning into the remote sensor on the TV. Once all of these sources have been eliminated I believe the problem will be a bad control board in the TV. The only way to know for sure what is causing the problem, which parts that are no longer within factory specs and for proper repair all the electronics must be diagnosed by someone with the correct electronic test equipment and the skills to use the test equipment. If you have no electronic training I will suggest that this be professional replaced. The repair should cost $150 to $250.

Should you require further information or clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Edward, Technician
Experience: 40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.