Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

My DVD player says bad disk on every good disk I insert, and won

Model QR 4000 (I believe manufacturer is Quest). Can I fix this, and if so, how?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about your TV.

Ok. Before I answer, please understand that although you have made a deposit to Just Answer, I do not get paid until you click the ACCEPT button. Please do so if the following is helpful.

So....

There are only a few things you can do with these players. You certainly can't pay to get them fixed because they are literally 'throw away technology'. An hour of labor time would far exceed what the DVD player is worth.

That having been said, I would open up the player and visually check the inside for anything obvious although with a problem like yours, I doubt you are going to find anything. Check the wiring and connections to ensure that they are sound.

Then you should use a cleaning DVD to give the lens a clean.

There really isn't much else you can do. Sorry.

I will be here if you have a follow up question.

If I have been of assistance, please click the ACCEPT button on the right. It is the ONLY way I get paid for my work. Please also consider a BONUS. Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Actually, this does not help. To use a lens cleaning DVD I would have to get past the "bad disk" message, which I can't.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.

Ok. Have you looked inside per my advice?