Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

I have a rca 52 inch hdtv rear projection model #d52w23 i am

I have a rca 52 inch hdtv rear projection model #d52w23 i am having problems with the convergance. I replaced the amp board but the colors still won't line up. is there a manual convergance i can do
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question! I am looking forward to solving this problem with you. I have a few questions for you...

Does the TV look the same after you replaced the amp board as before you replaced it?

If you are still having a problem after replacing the convergence amp board you should try and replace the convergence power board. It is the board to the left of the convergence amp board.

If you can use a meter the plug between this board and the amp board is labeled with voltages that you can check, if they are missing you know the board is bad. If they are there then we will need to check some other stuff.

As far as the alignment is concerned the auto in the customer menu should do just fine, there is a service menu that we can go into and do some adjustments but i dont think thats your problem at this point because the convergence power board on the model is very common to go bad.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It still looks the same after i replaced the amp board. It does'nt show convergence on the customer menu and i don't know how to get to the service menu.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 8 years ago.

I think you need to replace the convergence power board. If there was no change from the old to the new amp board then it was not the problem, and something has to be causing the problem, Tv's dont normally go out of convergence for no reason. If you give me the full model number (with thy yxXXX) at the end I will get you a part number for the convergence power board! Let me know

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

model# XXXXX

serial# XXXXX

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 8 years ago.

Pn for the convergence power board is 264104R. Let me know how this goes!

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I'll order it tonight and let you know how it goes.