Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

my rca tv has sound but no picture...i can control the channels

my rca tv has sound but no picture...i can control the channels and volume but there is no picture....the blue power light on the front is flashing.....when tv is working fine the light is solid blue....what would cause this and what do i need to do to fix it

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV? The model number will be displayed on a tag on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached.

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

its an hdtv....the model # XXXXX XXXXX have own the tv for 1 year...the only thing i have tried was unplug it for 30 minutes then plugged it back in...thats it

Just to let you know I will have your answer shortly. I am refreshing my memory with the service manual.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

You probably need a new lamp if there's no picture. More information is on page 67 of the owners manual. If you need to view or download the manual please click here.

Should you require further information or clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.