Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  6 Years component level TV repair. Ex-Military RADAR and radio repair.
11676743

How do you turn off the Picture in Picture (PIP) feature .

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Michael replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you provide a model number?
-Do you have the factory remote for your television?
Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi, It's a regular TV 5yrs old about 36in. Diaganal screen. I lost the instructions and the remote. It is hooked up to Comcast cable with their box and remote. But the other day while I was changing the set up from the action key on the TV itself, I somehow turned on the PIP feature and now I can't turn it off.

Thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 5 years ago.
Try turning the TV off and then back on. That should take care of it.

If not then we need to make sure it is not a feature on the cable box accidentally activated.

mike
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have tried both .I have turned the TV on and off many times and I have tried to use the PIP feature on the remote. I tell you I turned it (PIP) on from the TV itself. I jst can't remember how I did it to reverse it. I am very technical and a Mechanical Engineer by education and I feel real stupid right now.
Expert:  Michael replied 5 years ago.
Hhmmm I would be able to help you more with a model number off of the TV.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I dont'know the number and it is to heavy for me to lift it out from the wall. I would bet since I set it on so easily it should be easy to cancel
Expert:  Michael replied 5 years ago.
You will have to find a way into the user menu....

Usually you have a PIP button on the remote. Search on your comcast remote long and hard for a button that says PIP.

If there is none then I would go about it another way, sledgehammer Yell

Seriously though, the small things can be the most frustrating I know.

Don't accept any answer I give, unless of course it leads you to a resolved problem.

Michael, Technician
Experience: 6 Years component level TV repair. Ex-Military RADAR and radio repair.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

nothing I can do helps !

Thanks anyway Mike, I will accdpt the charge you did spend some time on this. If you come up with a solution tomorrow please email or I guess I will have to take a sledgehammer to it !

Expert:  Michael replied 5 years ago.
I very much appreciate that, these can be the most annoying problems to fix.

mike