Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

I have an Emerson LC320EM8A and the fuse keeps blowing in it.

Customer Question

I have an Emerson LC320EM8A and the fuse keeps blowing in it. It is out of warranty by 3 weeks...any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Do you wish to repair this yourself or are you looking for an idea of what the cost to repair the TV will be?

If you wish to repair it yourself what type of electronic training do you have?

What type of TV test equipment do you own?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have basic electronics training as far as tv's...I used to be a computer tech however. I can pretty much be guided through anything. I would like to just find the whole board if its going to be to time consuming. I have done alot of research and apparently emerson doesnt make replacement parts available! At this time I just moved so I dont have any electronics test equipment but I would go buy some if needed.
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.

This model TV is known for having issues with their power supplies. Failed capacitors are very common. This TV is made by Funai and is the same as their model LC320EM82. The only way to know for sure what is causing the problem, which parts that are no longer within factory specs and for proper repair all the electronics must be diagnosed by someone with the correct electronic test equipment and the skills to use the test equipment. You might want to click here to visit Funai's site and order the needed board.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.